Welcome to All Saints Catholic Church
Stewards - Faith - Community
Live a Life Worthy of the Calling You Have Received. -- Ephesians 4:1
Help us tell the story of our parish, which started as a charming little church by the sea and has grown to encompass two campuses and nearly 900 families.
We are making a video documentary to tell of our parish’s origins and growth. The project is headed up by Jack Kelly, who retired as Senior Producer after 34 years with CBS News.
Think about what the early days were like, how you participated, and your most memorable recollections. Would you be willing to come to All Saints (Hampstead or Surf City) for an on-camera interview to share those stories? We are setting up an interview schedule on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10AM-6PM.
Here’s how you can play an important role in telling the parish story:
· Bring to your interview: Notes or bullet points about your most memorable experiences at All Saints Catholic Church parish, and the original St. Mary Gate of Heaven and St. Jude the Apostle locations. Don’t want an interview? Please consider an audio interview or share your photos and stories in writing or by phone.
· Photos and memorabilia from the early days. We are especially looking for
· Photos of your most memorable All Saints experiences over the years
· Rev. Casimir Sabol, OFM Conv
· Vincent Waters, Bishop of Raleigh, and original Surf City land purchase
· The first Mass celebrated on August 23, 1953 by Fr. Roland Gross, OFM Conv
· The Surf City support building -- former World War II military barracks that was converted to a church, St. Mary Gate of Heaven (and its move from Camp Davis to Surf City)
· Overflow Mass at the beach with TVs and worshipers on beach chairs & blankets
· Sacred items used during Mass at the beach that were handmade from shells
· Mass at St. Jude the Apostle held in Topsail High cafeteria or in parishioners’ homes
· Construction and/or October 1996 dedication of Hampstead multipurpose building
· Construction and/or dedication in 1996 of worship pavilion at Surf City campus
· Rev. Terrance Collins in 1998-early 2000s
· Fr. John Durbin’s appointment in 2012
Please call the office at 910-270-1477 (weekdays 8:30am-4pm) or email email@example.com to set up an interview or for more information.
Sincerely, All Saints Catholic Church Documentary Team:
Find ways you can get involved:
Surf City (Memorial Day weekend - Labor Day weekend only):
Saturday: 5:00 p.m.
Hampstead as follows -
Adoration: First Friday of the month 9:00 a.m. mass
Confessions: Saturday 4:00 p.m. in Hampstead and by appointment
Stations of the Cross: Fridays during Lent 6:30pm
Monday - Friday 9 am - 4 pm
Click these links to schedule a:
Weddings - Call 910-270-1477 and speak to the pastor
(Click on calendar)
Documentary film project to capture parish history on video Call the office to set up an interview time
Documentary film project to capture parish history on video Call the parish office to set up an interview time
Search the web to support your charity. Select St. Jude Parish Social Ministry as your charity. Also find online coupons, coupon codes, deals, discounts and promo codes at GoodShop.
"We must walk united with our differences: there is no other way to become one. This is the way of Jesus."
Spadaro, Antonio, SJ. "A Big Heart Open to God." America Magazine (n.d.): 30 Sept. 2013. Web. http://americamagazine.org/pope-interview.